2019's National Co-op Month is here!
October is National Co-op Month. This event recognizes the advantages of membership in a cooperative and the benefits cooperatives supply to their members and to their communities.
What does it mean to be a member of a cooperative?
It's a matter of principles, seven to be exact.
- Voluntary and open membership
- Democratic member control
- Member economic participation
- Autonomy and independence
- Education, training, and information
- Cooperation among cooperatives
- Concern for community
For more information about cooperatives, read The Cooperative Story on the website of the Pennsylvania Rural Electric Association. This site will open in a new browser window or tab.