The following tips from the Electrical Safety Foundation International and Touchstone Energy® can help you use electricity safely around your home.
- Have a licensed, qualified heating technician service your furnace or heating system.
- Change heating system filters to keep air passing through.
- Replace batteries in your smoke detectors and carbon monoxide alarms.
- Don’t use electrical appliances around wet areas like bathtubs or sinks.
- Dry your hands before using electrical appliances.
- Keep electric heaters on level surfaces and 6-8 feet from furniture, curtains and drapes.
Text courtesy of and copyright © 2013 Touchstone Energy. All rights reserved.