Valley Rural Electric Cooperative offers rebates to members who purchase a new electric storage tank water heater. The amount of the rebate varies by the brand and size of the device.
- For Rheem® Marathon® water heaters:
- A rebate of $3 per gallon (for tanks from 40 to 79 gallons)
- A rebate of $4 per gallon (for tanks that hold 80 gallons or more)
- For non-Marathon water heaters:
- A rebate of $2 per gallon (for tanks from 40 to 79 gallons)
- A rebate of $3 per gallon (for tanks that hold 80 gallons or more)
To qualify for a rebate, a member must meet several requirements.
- The water heater must have a capacity of 40 gallons or higher.
- The tank's energy factor must be 0.9 or higher.
- The member must supply the co-op with a copy of the invoice or receipt.
- The member must agree to participate in the co-op's demand response program.
Rheem® and Marathon® are registered trademarks of Rheem Manufacturing Company.
How Can VRES Help You?
- Considering a generator, transfer switch, or whole house surge protector?
- Need a new electric water heater?
- Need an electrician or energy audit?
- Interested in any of the services offered by Valley Rural Energy Services?
Then click the button below and tell us about your service needs.