Concern for Community
Valley Rural Electric Cooperative's employee health and wellness committee organized its first benefit golf tournament in 2012. Since that time, the golf outing has evolved into an all-hands-on-deck event that raises thousands of dollars annually for beneficiaries. Valley's corporate office and three district offices close on golf tournament day, often a Thursday in June. All employees lend a hand on the course for the culmination of an employee-driven fundraising effort for local families.
However, we could not do this without our sponsors, donors, and golfers. The generous support of a wide range of area businesses and individuals helps our beneficiaries better meet the financial challenges that all too often result from serious illnesses or accidents. Together, we have raised about $180,000 since that first tournament.
General Event Details
- The four-player scramble features morning and afternoon flights.
- The registration fee is $100 per player, which includes 18 holes of golf, cart, lunch, dinner, entry into all events, and various prizes.
- Registration for the morning flight begins at 7 a.m. with tee-off at 8 a.m.
- Registration for the afternoon flight begins at 11:30 a.m. with tee-off at 1 p.m.
- A putting contest takes place all day.
- Lunch is provided from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- A buffet dinner starts at 5:30 p.m.
- A 50/50 raffle and a silent auction also take place throughout the day.
Cart Sponsor - $25
Have your name and/or logo appear on a golf cart.
Hole Sponsor - $100
Have your name and/or logo appear on a sign at one of the golf holes.
Bronze Sponsor - $500
Receive the following benefits: lunch, dinner, snacks, event signage, bag of tricks, team entry, and two carts.
Silver Sponsor - $700
Receive the bronze level benefits plus two cart sponsorships and a hole sponsorship.
Gold Sponsor - $900
Receive the silver level benefits plus drink/snack cart sponsorship and two additional cart sponsorships.
Platinum Sponsor - $1,200
Receive the gold level benefits plus recognition as a dinner sponsor and special signage.
If you or your business would like to help sponsor the tournament or donate items for the silent auction, please contact Lisa Carper at 814-506-1637 or toll-free at 800-432-0680 ext. 1637. Lisa can also help with preregistration, prepaying online, and any questions you might have about the event.